Frontpage slideshow \ Featured Articles ?!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MrFaisal
    • Dec 2006

[CMS] Frontpage slideshow \ Featured Articles ?!

Hello,

Is it possible to add Frontpage slideshow for CMS ?

really I need to add this feature to my website, if I can't I will not use vBulletin CMS ...

regards,
  • nakedanvil
    • Mar 2010

Enable HTML, create a flash slideshow elsewhere and paste the HTML right in an article. Create it on the front page and use "display full article in section page". I made a BB code for Flickr slideshows so my users can do it too. HERE

Comment

• IBxAnders
      • Aug 2001
      • 4.0.x

There is not a default slider since there are so many options. In vBulletin4, you would create a custom widget in the manager and then pick-n-choose a pre-existing jquery slider to use as your featured slider.
      anders | vbulletin team | check out the new vbulletin facebook app
      Proudly vBulletin'ing since 2001
      Please be my friend!
      http://www.twitter.com/inetskunkworks
      vBulletin Performance Articles:
      Click here to read

Comment

• nakedanvil
        • Mar 2010

If you're talking about a banner slideshow, that's whole 'nuther can 'o worms.

Comment

• MrFaisal
          • Dec 2006

Thanks all of you !

let me explain in details,

I want to create News section , this section contains articles inside this articles images , in front page of my vBulletin CMS I want to make area in top of page specified to take newest articles from this section which I selected before from control panel of this plug-in and display "Short" description and any image of this article ,

whose don't understand my explain please take a look for this pic :
          Click image for larger version

Name:	SlideShow.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	41.6 KB
ID:	3679476

or demo site :
          FrontPageSlideshow is a popular web magazine. You can find information on health, beauty, legal, business, medical, travel, tech, entertainment & more.

If that possible, please let me know how can I do that step-by-step .

kind regards,
          Faisal,

Comment

• IBxAnders
            • Aug 2001
            • 4.0.x

Possible with a custom widget; if you're asking if this is a very-easy to implement and default vB4 feature - no, it is not.

Originally posted by MrFaisal
            Thanks all of you !

let me explain in details,

I want to create News section , this section contains articles inside this articles images , in front page of my vBulletin CMS I want to make area in top of page specified to take newest articles from this section which I selected before from control panel of this plug-in and display "Short" description and any image of this article ,

whose don't figure my need please take a look for this pic :
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]45915[/ATTACH]

or demo site :
            FrontPageSlideshow is a popular web magazine. You can find information on health, beauty, legal, business, medical, travel, tech, entertainment & more.

If that possible, please let me know how can I do that step-by-step .

kind regards,
            Faisal,
            anders | vbulletin team | check out the new vbulletin facebook app
            Proudly vBulletin'ing since 2001
            Please be my friend!
            http://www.twitter.com/inetskunkworks
            vBulletin Performance Articles:
            Click here to read

Comment

• MrFaisal
              • Dec 2006

Originally posted by IBxAnders
              Possible with a custom widget; if you're asking if this is a very-easy to implement and default vB4 feature - no, it is not.
              okay , no problem , I want to know how can I do that ?

because I want to make my decision about if I can rely on vBulletin CMS or not .

regards,

Comment

• anthonyparsons
                • Mar 2005

VB CMS is not like Joomla, Wordpress or Drupal... it is an integrated solution that works to enhance the forum product, the same as the blog product is an enhancement. You can design anything to suit, though how much is the question. Joomla does not integrate with vb4, as it was one avenue I reviewed myself. It does still integrate with vb3, though vb4 is simply far to complex and last I looked, all bridge developers had simply given up due to this complexity.

There is a lot off CSS / javascript based slideshows available which are generic CSS / Javascript and not custom built for a specific platform. You would have better success at a generic build than a custom one specifically tailored for Joomla, ie: http://dhtmlsite.com/imagegalleries.php

I would do a search for CSS / Javascript image galleries and see what generic solution you can find first.

Comment

• sportsfi
                  • Oct 2008
                  • 3.8.x

Anthony,
                  Just so you knkow the modification he is talking about is not just for jamoola, they have two versions 1 for jamoola and 1 for stand alone php websites.

Comment

• anthonyparsons
                    • Mar 2005

Ah, thanks SF... well the standalone should be capable off integration one way or another... if its only using CSS & Javascript. A HTML widget that uses its own template, removing all default formatting should accomplish it for you on a page. Even if JS interferes and you have to pack it into its own files and call it into the specific locations... there's usually some way to get it functioning.

Comment

• WhatChaMissin
                      • Apr 2005
                      • 3.8.x

I had this software running on my site (vB 3.8) for awhile using a BB Code Module (with HTML on) in vBadvanced.

I haven't had a chance to test this out with vB 4 so I don't know if this would help but the code I used was pretty simple.

Code:
                      <center>
                      <iframe id="chat" frameborder="0" width="100%" height="375" src="http://mysite.com/fmslideshow.php"></iframe>
                      </center>

Comment

• sportsfi
                        • Oct 2008
                        • 3.8.x

Yeah, I wasn't having "a go" at you or anything like that just wanted to outline as I asked for help with this same product just a couple days ago on these forums - it requires a php code that doesn't work put into a widget or anything like that - the best I got was the slideshow to actually show but it was above the forum header etc.

When I asked for help I was continuously told that it was a modification for joomla which is why it wasn't working and some people, although doing their best to assist, couldn't come to grasp that their standalone php version is what I was trying to use.

So before this thread turned into that I thought I would quickly outline about the other section.

To the Original Poster I am still trying to work mine out, it has been two weeks so far attempting to get it done on limited coding knowledge but if I do get it to work I will post here to let you know how I did it. Hopefully together, along with some of the more experienced coders here we can get it to be working how it should.

Comment

• nakedanvil
                          • Mar 2010

Interesting bit. How easy is it to add the text and link to the upload file? The linking is one reason I would also be interested in it. Keep us posted (Hmm "posted", is that a pun?). What parameters are in the config file? timing, fade etc?

Comment

• anthonyparsons
                            • Mar 2005

Don't worry SF... I didn't take anything other than what I believed was meant mate... I might have to go have a look at this thing later on and read about it... see if it has any validity for use.

Comment

• anthonyparsons
                              • Mar 2005

I just noticed this as well, for the original author of this thread, from Joomlaworks themselves:

We take support very seriously - just as we do with our very popular free extensions - and we will gladly help you install "Frontpage SlideShow" to your website for free.
                              So it seems they will help you to install it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...